Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Don't Mess With Hogtown, We've Got Friends in High Places


Ever wake up in the morning and feel like someone's been whacking you over the head with a baseball bat while you slept...?....Maybe?

Hence...short post this morning

So apparently I'm not the only one who thinks the World Baseball Classic is waaay too long.
The tournament, which began over 10 days ago and has not even played it's semi-final round yet, has been getting lots of criticism from its' players as well.

While I tend to agree with most of their assessments, Chipper Jones took his view one step too far...

"Just way too many days off,” he said to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “We stayed in Toronto for a week and played three games. I don’t know if you ever stayed in Toronto, but it’s not exactly Las Vegas. To say that we were plucking our eyebrows out one at a time would be an understatement."


Whooaaaaa now...I get the whole too many days off thing. I actually checked the MLB schedule, most teams average about two days off per MONTH during the season, so I understand how three games in seven days can seem like being promised tickets to a Jai Alai match and a lawn bowling tournament breaks out...
But don't mess with my city.

Chipper, you are officially on my 'don't draft' list for this year's fantasy baseball season...Boo-yah!


Here's what Wilbon and Kornheiser had to say about the issue on yesterday's PTI on ESPN and TSN in Canada.
Hint: They got our back.

Watch from 3:40-1:55...hey, it's not my fault the timer counts down

No comments:

Post a Comment