Monday, February 23, 2009

Send The Royalties To Mario...Uh, What Is His Last Name Anways?


If taking over the closer's role for the San Diego Padres wasn't enough pressure for Heath Bell, how about your television telling you you're obese.

That is exactly what happened when Bell plugged in his Wii Fit during this past off-season and stepped on the scale.

"It said I was obese," Bell said. "If you're obese, it makes (your character on screen) obese. I was disappointed that I was that big. I literally took the game to heart. I did the work but I kind of credit the Wii Fit."

After coming over to San Diego in a November 2006 trade from the New York Mets, Bell reported to camp in 2007 at 250 pounds.
Bell, who has been given the first crack at taking over the closing role vacated by all-time saves leader, Trevor Hoffman, reported to camp this year at a svelte 245 pounds.

No word on how much he can bench press, but my bet is he can out air-guitar the entire team.

No comments:

Post a Comment