Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Knicks get torched...the right way


So in response to my post a few days ago about how Kobe's 61 point, 0 rebound, 3 assist night in New York was impressive, but also very telling of the kind of person and player that he is, Lebron took it upon himself to prove me right.

He followed up Kobe's performance with his own dazzling show last night, scoring 52 points, but also adding 11 assists, 10 rebounds and two blocked shots.
To be fair, I kinda called this one waaay before anyone else. This is a direct quote from my post about Kobe. "While a stat line of 61-3-0 is nice, 50-8-6 would've looked much better."

Ok...so I was off by a few digits, point is I was right on the money in the theory.

Lebron has, in my opinion, always been a better player than Kobe and there is not a single NBA player I would rather have on my team than King James. He pretty much single-handedly carried the Cavs out of the basement of the NBA (they were awwwwful before he arrived, remember that whole first overall pick thing?) and to the NBA Final two years ago. He is the epitome of the kind of player who not only can take over and dominate a game at will, but can also make players around him elevate their games as well.

I can't see any way that Lebron won't win at least a few NBA titles in his career and be in the discussion for all-time greatest player. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Some fun facts about the game last night making LBJ's effort all the more impressive:
Lebron and Michael Jordan are the only players to score 50 points at MSG twice...52 points are the most scored in a triple double since the NBA/ABA merger in 1976 and second-most all time to Wilt Chamberlain's 53 in 1968...The Knicks are only the second team in history to give up 50+ points to a single player in consecutive games. The only other time that's happened, the San Francisco Warriors in 1962...Lebron James has never been on trial for rape

No comments:

Post a Comment